Control valves for general applications
The 840 series cage-guided valve is specially designed using recent advances in control valve technology. It is used to control a wide variety of relatively clean liquids and gases at high pressure differentials. Configured with either flow-to-open or flow to- close trims, the valve is well suited for steam, gas or liquids, where flow-to-close is typically used for liquid service, and flow-to open for steam and gas. The design of the 840H (drilled-hole-cage)valve is primarily used for severe service applications requiring anti-cavitation or low-noise trim. In most cases, high pressure drop in process conditions may cause erosion, noise or vibration, which can affect process control. The 840H is a good solution to this severe service application.
The 840 series valve is flexible, allowing a variety of trim types to be installed in the body. In addition, its cage-guided construction reduces plug vibration and provides stable performance throughout travel. All 840 trims have a quick change design to guarantee convenient repair and easy trim replacement.
- Multi-spring- Multi-spring design allows very low hysteresis and dead band.
- Proven trim design – Single P-port, multi-step, V-notch type cage.
- Fail mode – Fail-to-close on loss of air is standard. – Fail-to-open on loss of air is also available. – Diaphragm, piston, hydraulic and electric actuation available.
- Quick change trim – All internal parts can be inspected easily by removing bonnet and cage.
- Accessories – A full range are available to meet requirements.
- 1” through 20”
- ANSI class 150-2500 (DIN and JIS available)
- Raised face flange, weld ends (BW and SW)
- Linear on equal percentage to suit application
- Standard ANSI class IV, option-ANSI class V or VI
Temperature range (general)
- 1/2”~4”: -30ºC ~ 300ºC (Standard), -196ºC ~ 565ºC (Ext.)
- 6”~20”: -30ºC ~ 300ºC (Standard), -196ºC ~ 565ºC (Ext.)