High pressure turbine bypass valve
The VBSE is a steam conditioning valve used for steam throttling and desuperheating through spray water injection, directly at the outlet. Used for start-ups and load rejection, they bypass the steam to various reheat lines until the steam temperature matches the turbine blade temperature.
- With a range of available body materials, the VBSE valve can be used for the main steam pressures and temperatures of today’s most advanced single and double reheat thermal power plants.
- Specially designed for modern ultra supercritical power plants load ramping and trip case requirement.
- Forged body design with flow-to-close flow pattern.
- Pressurised seal bonnet design allowing for greater reliability at high pressures.
- Can be equipped with hydraulic, electromechanical or pneumatic actuator.
- Seal welded seat with integral first stage pressure reduction tube allowing for quick maintenance and replaceable features.
- Spring loaded water injection nozzles.
- Integral inlet nozzle upon request.
- Different plug designs available.
- Forged angle type valve body, flow direction – flow-to-close
- For steam pipes: butt-welding, according to customer?s requirement
- For spray water pipes: butt-welding, according to customer?s requirement
- Welded seat ring, pilot operated trim
- Temperature range: up to 630øC
- Inlet pressure: up to 350 bar
Seat leakage class
- EN 12266-1 Cl. B or MSS-SP61 or ANSI/ FCI 70.2 Cl. V
- Hydraulic, electric or pneumatic actuator
- All internal trim parts, seat ring (welded), spray nozzles
- Transition pieces for large pipe diameters and material compatibility
- Prewarming and/or drain connection available upon request
- Integral inlet upon request
- Certified acc. to PED 2014/68/EU
- EN 12516-2, others upon request