FasTrak Smart Positioner
Smart positioner with high-capacity, high-precision digital-pneumatic valve controller
FasTrak is a high-capacity, high-precision digital-pneumatic valve controller that replaces a conventional positioner. It has an excellent dynamic performance and high flow (Cv = 2). Configuration and calibration is carried out with a HARTTM device or by self calibration. FasTrak is compatible with double and single acting actuators, with or without a spring, a piston or a diaphragm.
- High Flow Precision Control-The unique design allows high speed performance in large volume actuators without additional amplification (e.g. Booster or quick exhaust).
- Control Algorithms & Hardware-Self calibration on double acting piston, diaphragm, rotary actuator with or without spring; patented adjustable independent control parameter to open and close stroke.
- Strong Shaft Design-Not sensitive to radial and axial external load caused by mounting and linkages.
- Environmental Protection-The IP66 protection and unique exhaust protection system makes it suitable to be installed in harsh environments where there is tropical rain, dust, sand, salt.
- Embedded Features – 4-20 mA position feedback, digital inputs for configurable trips, digital outputs configurable for limit switches and/or alarm.
- Communications – 4-20 mA control and power with HART™ communication protocol with high speed serial connection.
- Software Interface-Dedicated software (RCFT) to set, customize, control and monitor high dynamic performance.
- CE EUROPEAN DIRECTIVE
- Intrinsically safe (Ex ia) / Explosion proof (Ex d [ia]) according to:ATEX, IECEX, CSA/cUS,CUT, INMETRO.
- Power:2 wire from signal (min 3.5 mA, 10/30 Vdc)
- Electrical connections:Input signal M20x1.5,Auxiliary output position feedback,M20x1.5
- Pneumatic connections:¼” NPT female
- Signal:4-20 mA with HARTTM protocol Configurable split range
- Communication protocol:HARTTM protocol,Local display,TTL RS232
- Position:4-20 mA passive loop
- Feedback angle of rotation:30º/90º (<30º with lower resolution)
- Adjustable speed:Range 0/300 seconds, individually configurable for each direction
- Characteristic curve:Linear,Equal percentage,Configurable by user
- Control parameter:Individually configurable for each direction
- Travel control:Minimum and maximum settable stroke limits / cut off
- Signal fail:End stroke limits (4 mA position)
- Instrument air:Free of oil, water and dust to ISO 8573-1 – Class 3
- Supply pressure:1.4÷7 bar
- Air consumption:1.5 Nm3/h at 6 bar
- Hysteresis + deadband: ±0.5%
- Repeatibility: ±0.2%
- Sensitivity: ±0.1%
- Linearity: ±0.5%
- Influence of ambient temperature: 0.3% for every 10°C
- Air capacity: Up to 23 Nm3/h at 6 bar (CV 0.3)
- Ambient:Protection IP65,Operation temperature -40° to +80°C
- Humidity: Up to 100%
- CE mark: CE conformity and EMC
- Stainless steel feedback shaft
- 2.30 kg (with 3 pressure gauges)