Q1 Seat Upgrade
Quick exchange seat upgrade for VLB and VLR valves
A quick-exchange seat replacement reduces maintenance time during seat replacement, reducing downtime and thus cost.
- The Q1 upgrade is primarily used in applications where valves with easy replaceable seats are preferred. It enhances the maintainability of VLB and VLR valves, with an improved design with hard-faced seat, enhanced fixed cage and optimised plug design.
- Solid tungsten carbide plug, seat and disk stack eliminates erosion and galling and extends performance life for maximum productivity
- Large flow passages to easily handle solids means continued reliable performance
- Multi-step letdown to control velocity, erosion, noise, and vibration for minimum down time and safety
- Increased rangeability due to a longer stroke means superior performance and control.
- Dual scrapers prevent solids from entering sealing areas for reduced maintenance.
- Venturi seat transition assures smooth flow into valve outlet and piping for problems downstream
- Easy maintenance, quick-change trim means no trim parts are welded or screwed into the body
- One choke body can handle changing wellhead conditions by swapping trim for less down time
- Up to 6 stages of DRAG® velocity control (with total velocity control trim disk stack)
- All trim seals are PTFE. PTFE is explosive decompression resistant
- Light weight cast body
- Class V shut-off
- Graphite stem packing
- Forged design
- No trim in steam flow
- Tapered profile to minimise flow induced vibration
- Variable spray nozzle