System for dumping steam into a condenser
The dump tube is used together with a steam conditioning valve in applications, such as turbine bypass where steam is dumped into a condenser. IMI CCI has experts in the field of dump tubes, with experience from thousands of plants, that can provide support at the design stage.
- The dump tube is welded to the steam pipe downstream of the bypass valve.
- The dump tube is a fixed orifice, which reduces the bypass steam pressure down to the pressure of the condenser.
- Our dump tubes are carefully calculated to allow it be used as flow meter.
- Water-cooled condenser application – The dump tube is mounted in the condenser.
- Air-cooled condenser application – The dump tube is mounted in the bypass line which is connected to a header going from the turbine outlet to the air-cooled condenser.