CF: Fast Commutator
The Fast Commutator (CF) is designed to be combined with two 3-way valves providing a shared pilot conduit. This accessory is designed to operate with a pilot pressure greater than 2 bar while still maintaining a perfect seal on the seats of up to 8 bar. As the pilot fluid goes to work on moving a single membrane, switching speed is maximised.
This exclusive manifold mounting system is a specially designed STI application for connecting our accessories. Fittings or nipples are not necessary as the connection is achieved using machined connection faces with a sealing ‘o’ ring. This system saves assembly time, reduces cost on other items such as fittings, inventory and the reduced dimensions save space.
- Suitable for: – Standard, offshore, sandstorm and copper-free ambient conditions. – Double acting actuators. – Low and high ambient temperature.
- Designed to work with FT positioner only or in conjunction with BV/BW boosters (see dedicated brochures).
- Optional integrated Piezo solenoid valve for fail freeze function.
- SIL certified.
- Constituted by two 3-way valves having the pilot conduit in common.
- Up to 3 units can be mounted on the same positioner to achieve multiple functions: – Quick open – Quick close – Lock in place.
- Anodized aluminum
- Stainless steel 316
- -20°C to +70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
- -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
- -20°C to +85°C (-4°F to 185°F)
- -25°C to +60°C with Piezo valve
- Inlet = 3
- Outlet = 3
- P min = 2.5 bar
- P max = 7 bar
- Design pressure = 10 bar
- Pilot signal = 1/2” NPT
- Other = 3/4” NPT or manifold mounting
- Aluminium = 3 kg
- Aluminium with Piezo = 3.5 kg
- Stainless steel 316 = 8 kg
- Stainless steel 316 with Piezo = 8.5 kg