Control valves for general applications
The 840GS control valve has been specially designed using recent advances in control valve technology. It is used to control a wide variety of fossil power and selected oil and gas applications. The 840GS valve is primarily used for semi-severe service applications requiring anti-cavitation or a low-noise trim. Under process conditions, in most cases, high pressure drop will cause erosion, noise and vibration, which affects process control and plant performance. Typical applications for the 840GS include heater drains, condensate water, steam service, spray water, level control, pressure control and flow control valves.
The 840GS series valve is flexible, allowing a variety of trim types to be installed in the body. In addition, its rigid construction reduces plug vibration and provides stable performance throughout travel. All 840GS trims have a screwed seat design for convenient repair and easy trim replacement.
- Multi-spring- – Multi-spring design improves hysteresis and dead band performance.
- Proven trim design – Single P-port and drilled-hole cage.
- Fail mode – Fail-to-close on loss of air and fail-to-open on loss of air.
- Screwed seat design- – All internal parts can be inspected easily by removing bonnet.
- Accessories- – A full range of accessories are available to meet requirements.
- 1/2” through 6”
- ANSI class 150 and 300
- Raised face flange, weld ends (BW and SW)
- Linear or equal percentage to suit application
- Standard ANSI class IV, Optional ANSI class V or VI
Temperature range (general
- -46 ~ 350 °C for unbalanced trim
- -46 ~ 200 °C for balanced trim