DRAG® choke optimised to provide extended life in challenging wellhead applications
Wellhead chokes face many challenges that can reduce life, increase maintenance costs, and create upsets in field operations. The 100DPC-S reduces the erosion rates seen early in the high pressure well life or after start-ups, and increases the time between maintenance intervals, giving long term reliable service. Through DRAG® technology and solid tungsten carbide trim, fluid and sand velocities are reduced, resulting in lower erosion rates and increased parts life. Available with either all DRAG® trim, or DRAG® & Cage trim, the 100DPC-S can be configured to meet the unique challenges of your production field.
- Reliable pressure boundary protection.
- Dual wiper rings protect the balance seal.
- Increased gallery flow area to reduce velocity and eliminate body erosion.
- Balanced trim design extends packing life, reduces actuator load, and improves control.
- Solid tungsten carbide plug and disk stack provide the highest level of erosion protection.
- Tungsten carbide outlet liner for additional protection of the valve outlet.
- Controlled outlet expansion eliminates body erosion.