DRAG® control valve for level control applications
IMI CCI is able to offer a one valve solution for drum or boiler level control with the 100DLC DRAG® valve, which meets both the high and low Cv requirements as an alternative to the two valve system. This configuration is only possible due to DRAG® high rangeability trim providing excellent controllability at all flows, from start-up through to normal operation.
Multi-stage DRAG® disk stack technology – Limits trim fluid exit velocity and kinetic energy and multi-stage pressure drop.
- Multiple ring Teflon packing design.
- Customisable flow characterisation.
- High integrity spring energised teflon balance seal or graphite seal.
- Class V metal seat shut-off with 500 PLI loading force achieves tight shut-off.
- Custom designs available for high-temperature and other applications.
- Disk stack labyrinth groove design breaks up clearance flow preventing seat ring damage.
- ASTM A216-WCB/WCC or A217-WC6
- Disk stack: 400 series heat treated
- Plug/stem: 400 series heat treated/174PH heat treated
- Seat ring: 400 series heat treated with hard seat
- Packing/seals: Glass-filled TFE or graphite
- Gaskets: Graphite/stainless
Velocity controlling stages
- Up to 20
- 2” to 9” (50mm to 225mm)
- ASME B16.34 1500 to 2500
- Disk stack
- Equal percentage
- Designed to meet application needs; minimum of 30:1; over 80:1 possible
- ANSI FCI 70-2 class IV, class V