UV / SV
Preheater bypass system
To improve the efficiency of a steam generator, water is pressurised and pre-heated before being fed into the boiler. The heat exchangers in this feed water system need to be protected in case there is a rupture between the steam heating pipes and the water circulation , such a rupture would severely damage downstream equipment including the turbines. The pre-heater is protected by a bypass system that diverts the feed water around the heat exchanger in the event of a problem thus protecting the entire system.
- Easy maintenance and long life.
- Monolithic body design to avoid weld joints and for cost effectiveness.
- Modular design of the valve to meet customer specifications and requirements.
- Inlet, outlet and bypass connections to match the dimensions and material of the pipework.
- 3-way type, self-actuating
- Temperatures up to 400 °C
- Inlet pressures up to 350 bar[a]
- Butt-weld ends according to the customer’s specification
- Hard faced plug and seat
- Self-sealing bonnet
- Feedwater powered actuator inside the valve body
- AD 2000, TRD, IBR, manufacturing acc. to ASME
- Manual control valve for on-site activation of the bypass mode
- Additional limit switches for position indication