HP turbine bypass valve
A high pressure turbine bypass valve is used to divert some or all of the steam flowing from the main boiler away from the turbine and into the cold reheater line. The valve reduces both the pressure and temperature so the steam can be safely transferred between these two systems.
- Low noise levels due to multiple controlled throttle stages.
- Optimised design of the steam atomising nozzle, therefore: – Optimum homologation of water and steam. – High steam velocities inside the nozzle for excellent water. – Reduced evaporation lengths.
- Pinpoint positioning accuracy for stringent control requirements.
- Optimised valve body design to minimise thermal stresses in case of load changes.
- Modular design of the valve to meet customer specifications and requirements.
- Inlet, outlet and spray water connections to match the dimensions and material of the pipework.
- Type test approval certification; BKZ 1011.
- Easy maintenance and long life.
- Angle type, stem/actuator vertical
- Temperature up to 650ºC
- Inlet pressures up to 320 bar[a]
- Butt-weld ends according to the customer’s specification
- Parabolic plug
- Self-sealing bonnet
- Double acting hydraulic actuator with opening helical spring (single-acting controlled)
- DIN 60534-4 part 3 – Leakage class V
- ASME B 16-104 – class V
- ANSI FCI 70-2 – class V
- Additional T-piece at the valve inlet
- SIL III certified system (IEC EN 61511) in conjunction with MT 5356