Scotch yoke pneumatic actuators
The RTQ actuator belongs to the RT Series and it is a complete range of high torque pneumatic quarter turn actuators with materials selected to withstand the most hostile environmental conditions, suitable for all onshore and offshore applications, covering general on/off and modulating valves. The RTQ Series is designed to provide maximum reliability and flexibility to cover a wide range of valves in all pressure classes.
- Double acting or spring return modular design.
- Totally sealed weatherproof housing provides complete protection for all moving parts.
- Housing is manufactured in carbon steel material without any cast/grey/ductile iron or aluminium parts.
- Scotch yoke mechanism available in both canted or symmetrical executions.
- Chromium plated guide bar to absorb transversel forces.
- Bushings are made of high-strength bronze alloy (other materials on application.
- Electroless nickel plated cylinder to minimise friction and prevent corrosion.
- Multiple lifting lugs ideally located to balance centre of gravity for safe lifting.
- Position indicator provided with VDI/VDE3845 NAMUR drive slot.
- ISO 5211 flange connection.
- Up to 12 Bar
Standard supply medium
- Air, nitrogen or sweet gas (special version for sour gas on request)
Standard operating temperature
- -30°C to 100°C (high/low temperature design available on request)
- From 2.000 Nm up to 600.000 Nm for double acting version
Spring Ending Torque
- From 1.650 Nm up to 165.000 Nm for single acting version (higher values on request
Certifications / approvals
- PED 2014/68/EU
- ATEX 2014/34/EU
- EAC TR TS 012/2011
- MACHINERY DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC
- IP66/67M according to IEC/EN 60529
- SIL3 certified (IEC 61508) as a “single device”
- Designed and tested in accordance with EN 15714-3
- Further certifications are available please contact IMI STI for updated list.