Scotch yoke pneumatic actuators
The RTC single/double acting pneumatic low-pressure actuators, are suitable for the operation of quarter turn valves (ball valves, butterfly valves and plug valves) for on-off and modulating heavy duty service. The actuator is made up of a waterproof scotch yoke mechanism transforming the linear movement of the pneumatic cylinder (on closing or opening) into the rotary movement, which is necessary for valve operation.
- Double acting or spring return compact design.
- Totally sealed weatherproof housing that provides complete protection for all moving parts.
- Housing is manufactured in carbon steel material without any cast/grey/ductile iron or aluminium parts.
- Scotch yoke mechanism available in both canted or symmetrical executions.
- Chromium plated guide bar to absorb transversel forces.
- Bushings are made of PTFE-filled steel bronze (other materials on application).
- Electroless nickel plated cylinder to minimise friction and prevent corrosion.
- Power module safety design allows replacement of the cylinder seals without any danger.
- Multiple certified lifting lugs ideally located to balance center of gravity for safe lifting.
- ISO 5211 flange connection.
- Up to 12 Bar
Standard supply medium
- Air, nitrogen or sweet gas (special version for sour gas on request)
Standard operating temperature
- -30°C to 100°C (high/low temperature design available on request)
- From 40 Nm up to 6.000 Nm for double acting version
Spring Ending Torque
- From 40 Nm up to 2.500 Nm for single acting version
Certifications / approvals
- PED 2014/68/EU
- ATEX 2014/34/EU
- EAC TR TS 012/2011
- MACHINERY DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC
- IP66/67M according to IEC/EN 60529
- SIL3 (IEC 61508) as a “single device”
- Designed and tested in accordance with EN 15714-3
- Further certifications are available please contact IMI STI for updated list.