Here at IMI Critical Engineering we design, manufacture and install breakthrough engineering for a better world. Our products are at the heart of complex energy production processes. We work with our partners to ensure the safe and efficient production and transfer of energy sources to your homes, transport and businesses. It’s our world-class engineering expertise, excellent customer service and fantastic functional support that sets us apart.
Our highly specialised valves and actuators help control the flow of steam, gas and liquids in some of the world’s harshest environments. Our engineered solutions are designed to withstand extreme temperatures and pressures, as well as intensely abrasive or corrosive cyclical operations. By creating the breakthrough engineering needed for the complex production of energy we improve the quality of life for billions of people across the world.
We love to create breakthrough engineering – whether that’s providing the first electricity/power source to communities or improving the efficiency of the power that generates your home. We live by this, and our values: integrity, excellence, innovation and collaboration. We seek to do the right thing, aim to achieve industry best practice, understand our customers’ changing needs and believe we can achieve all of this by working together. That’s how we are helping create a better world.
Title: FP&A Reporting Manager
Location: Birmingham Business Park, UK
Reporting Relationship: Chief Management Accountant – IMI Critical Engineering
- Highly visible role with exposure to Divisional Executive Leadership, CEO and plc Boar
- Coordination of the Divisional month end and QxF timelines, e2e processes, deliverables for a £700m Division of IMI plc
- Define and drive the communication strategy, and build the culture and team in the Global FP&A Community within IMI and IMI Critical Engineering
- Responsible for closing the Division’s consolidated accounts and quarterly forecastsSuke
- Preparation of Divisional OPR, Forecast and Budget packs and other management reports or supporting analysis
- Support Divisional Managing Director and Finance Director in Divisional OPR and forecast review meetings with IMI Executive
- Partner the business on business change projects, M&A, and Growth accelerator as required
- Work closely with the finance teams across the globe ensuring that requirements are understood and delivered on time to exceptionally high standards.
- Direct line-management responsibility for a team of 2 (qualified and part-qualified) accountants. Responsibility for co-ordinating a virtual team of >100
- Accountable for preparation and forecasting of HQ central costs, co-ordination of Divisional Bonus scheme target setting and achievement, and supporting information for the statutory audit
- Other duties / projects as may be required by the Chief Management Account or Divisional Finance Director
Qualifications and Experience
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Experience managing finance teams and/or co-ordinating FP&A activities for a large organisation
- Top percentile academic record
- Excellent working knowledge of financial practices and IFRS
- Ability to produce under pressure, to a high degree of accuracy, with absolute attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple demanding priorities and deadlines is essential
- Effective communication skills with experience interacting with Global stakeholders
- Extensive IT skills including advanced Excel and Powerpoint
- Ideally experience with Cognos Controller or similar consolidation applications
- Dynamic and driven, willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Career minded, seeking to develop in-role with a view to internal promotion
- Positive, flexible approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention detail
The position will be based full-time or part-time at the IMI headquarters at Birmingham Business Park (UK) with some flexible working arrangements.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org